Monday, October 5, 2015

A new year, a new feeling, and a new beginning!



Hello! It's been a long time since I've uploaded a post to this blog- several years, in fact. So many things have happened since then- I graduated from high school, suffered from a disease, and confirmed my dream. I sprained two wrists and an ankle, sang in a dozen concerts and have finally received an opportunity to further my career. So many things have changed, yet one thing remains the same- I'm still lonely. ^_^ I suppose it's a human thing. Or it might just be an April thing (that's my name, by the way). It's strange, because it feels as though I have a lot of friends and am constantly surrounded by people- yet the loneliness is sometimes suffocating. I guess it's a matter of opening my heart. >.< 

                                          

Yesterday night, I was re-reading some of my favorite books ("I Am Here!" by Ema Toyama) and was refreshingly reminded of how much stronger people can be when they have someone to lean on. It was those books, actually, that originally inspired me to start this blog . I wanted to be able to do something that might help someone in any way, however small. 



Admittedly, I became caught up in a whirlwind of experiences soon after that led me to cease from posting from quite a while. I'm very sorry. >.< I will do my best from now on!

To the person who may have stumbled randomly upon my blog and is reading this post at this very moment: It's so nice to meet you! I'm really happy to have connected with you in some way. I hope we can become good friends. It might be strange, talking with a random person on the internet, but I really believe that people can more easily turn sadness into strength when they aren't alone- even if the person they are leaning on can't actually do anything for them. 

I hope this can be a place that people can find a little bit of happiness- even if it is only 1 cm long. ^_^ 

Have a beautiful day! And smile! :) <3

Pictures by a friend. I'm trying to catch up to her photography skills. >.<


This one is mine! Not bad, eh? I've been working on my photography ^_^ Though my "camera" is actually just my phone... hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Mira, your writing skills never cease to amaze :) (And your photography!! What!! Beautiful.) It's always a joy connecting with your soul through the written word.

    This particular post definitely speaks to me since I've been struggling with loneliness a lot in the past year or so. At college last year, I had a really hard time making friends and I spent more of my time in my room trying to make it through the depression that I didn't even realize until later that I had.

    Now, being back in Utah, it's great to be closer to my support network, but I still have a hard time being alone ever. I have fantastic friends but I feel like I don't see them enough; I've forgotten how to be socially self-sufficient; I even live with roommates but I don't know how to connect to them.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's completely normal to struggle with loneliness in college! Tons of people are going through the exact same things we are. And while that doesn't make it hurt less, maybe it makes it easier to reach out to others knowing that they're having difficulties too.

    And this blog is a great idea!! I love the idea of people connecting like this and helping each other out -- celebrating our successes and empathizing in our struggles.

    Here's to happiness :)

    Peace,
    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sol!!! ;_; I miss you so much! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. It's amazing- so many of my friends (including me) seem to have had the same experience that you did in their first year of college. I got really sick halfway through my first semester and ended up not being able to attend most of my classes. A bunch of stuff happened and I developed depression and anxiety. One of my friends locked herself up in her room for two weeks and wouldn't answer my texts or calls, and her occasional messages were along the lines of "Thank you for everything you''ve done for me so far. Goodbye" which scared me to death! Another friend from Virginia was going through an awful time in her life and struggling with suicidal thoughts...

    Honestly, I think we are all just at a peaking moment in our lives. It's kind of amazing that we all started experiencing it at the same time, but I'm glad that we did because it helps me to empathize and gives me a greater ability to comfort the people that I love. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of in crying or breaking down occasionally- as long as you wipe your tears and get back up in the end. And I'll always be there to give a hand to any of my precious friends who need or want it. Especially you, Sol, who is one of my original best friends who helped shape a spoiled, selfish eighth grade girl (me! hahaha) into the person she is now. We haven't talked for a long time, but you and Katie have always been in my heart cheering me on. Don't ever hesitate to call me or message me if you feel like you need someone to talk to- even if I can't do anything but listen to help, everyone is stronger when they have someone to lean on. You are such an amazing, lovely, intelligent, strong, kind, and slightly illogical person who always has been and will be special to me.

    To close this ridiculously long and mixed-up statement- I'm going to be in Utah in 3 days! Just from the 9th to the 13th so I can pick up my luggage, but you and Katie and I should meet up! I won't let you guys run away from me!!! :P Hahahaha see you soon!

    ReplyDelete