Sunday, September 18, 2011

The best pancakes ever

I recently had a craving for pancakes, but I didn't want to eat something insanely unhealthy like most things you buy in restaurants now day... so I did some research and found this absolutely amazing recipe. The pancakes were the best I'd ever had. Here's the recipe!
Credits go to Dakota Kelly, who posted this recipe on Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used around 1 1/4 cup for an eggier taste)
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar (As usual, replaced with Xylitol)
  • 1 1/4 cups milk (If you don't have milk, as in my case, just replace it with water. Start with a cup of water and add more if needed, since water is thinner than milk. It will still taste incredible!)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
I'm adding Coconut oil to this list- I used it to grease the pan. It's a healthier alternative and the taste goes well with the pancakes.

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Hope you enjoy this recipe! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment