Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The first post!

This is my first post! Therefore, I will start by saying hello. :) I hope everyone had a good day today. Since I don't really know what to say, I'll share a recipe today. Baking is one of my hobbies, nerdy as it might seem ^-^ This is a pie crust recipe from a famous store in Utah called The Lion House.

BUTTERMILK PIE CRUST

Ingredients:
3 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon of oil


Instructions:
Place flour and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a fork. Add shortening and margarine and margarine and cut together with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles crumbs the size of small peas.

Add buttermilk and oil and blend together with a fork or your hands until all the flour is moist. This will make 3 or 4 crusts depending on how thick you like your crust.

If the recipe calls for a baked pie shell, bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-18 minutes.


I hope you have fun with this recipe! Please feel free to leave comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment